Amaretti are small Italian almond biscuits, similar to macaroons. Crunchy, sweet and deliciously healthy, you’ll love our sugar free and gluten free recipe version of the amaretti biscuit.
- 250g almond meal
- 80g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 X-large egg
- 1 X-large egg white
- Powdered xylitol for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almond meal and xylitol in a food processor and process until combined. Add vanilla and almond extract and pulse a few times.
- Add the whole egg and process until well combined.
- Add the egg white and continue to process to a smooth dough.
- Place teaspoons of dough onto the baking tray and flatten slightly using index finger knuckle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray.
- Dust with powdered xylitol.
A tasty treat for all ages, try our sugar free and gluten free amaretti biscuit recipe today and let us know how you go!