Packed with fiber, this juice is a meal on its own, it helps balance out the natural sugars in the fruit. The pulp may be too much for some people, so if you’re not into pulp, simply strain and drink as a simple juice. This recipe is a great liver detoxifier so sip up after a long night out, or when your liver and skin need a little extra attention.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of organic frozen raspberries
- ½ small beetroot (peeled and grated)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- Small handful of parsley
- ½ to 1 tsp of Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Few icecubes
- Start with the water, and place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy as is, or strain using a fine mesh strainer by pressing gently with a rubber spatula.
Beetroot is now available cooked and peeled in a vacuum sealed bag, in the fruit and vegetable section of your supermarket. You can use it in this recipe but you will not get the same level of dietary nitrates in your smoothie as you would if using raw beetroot.