Remember Iced Vo-Vos you used to eat as a child…well we have gone one better, with these sugar free Iced Vo-Vo cupcakes, they are such a treat! Healthy, sugar free and gluten free, they make a really pretty addition to any party table, make plenty….your guests will definitely be asking for more!
- 1 cup pink marshmallow (Rocky Road recipe)
- 25g butter, chopped
- 12 medium cupcakes (Butterfly cup cake recipe)
- 1/3 cup Berry Jam (recipe here)
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- Make marshmallows using the recipe from our sugar free Rocky Road recipe.
- Bake 12 medium cup cakes using our Butterfly Cupcake recipe, up to step 7.
- Make the Berry Jam, using any berries you like
- Place marshmallows and butter into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, do not let it set.
- Working with 1 cupcake at a time, spread a little marshmallow icing onto each side of the top of the cupcake, leaving a bare strip down the centre, then spread the jam down the strip.
- Roll the sides of the cupcake in the coconut and then sprinkle coconut onto the top of the cake to entirely coat the top of the cake including the jam.
- Set aside and repeat until all of the cupcakes are coated.
- Set aside until the icing has set.