How good do these little muffins look? Deliciously healthy, sugar and gluten free, these muffins will delight your tastebuds. Perfect either for breakfast on the run or as a mid morning or afternoon snack, maybe after a workout. I use organic oranges for this recipes if possible, as we use the whole orange, including the skin. The nutritious peel has over 200% more fibre and Vitamin C than the flesh of the fruit.
Makes 18 mini muffins
- 250g whole orange, unpeeled
- 100g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 250g almond meal
- 4 X-large eggs
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Cook the orange in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 hour until tender. Drain and cool. Halve and remove seeds. Do not remove the skin.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Brush a 18 x 30ml mini muffin pan with butter or oil to grease.
- Use a food processor to puree unpeeled orange and xylitol. Add almond meal, eggs and gluten free baking powder and process until combined.
- Spoon into prepared mini muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes until cooked or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Do not overcook the muffins, as they should be moist.
And that’s it! Not much is needed for this deliciously healthy sugar free and gluten free orange tea cake muffins recipe. Enjoy!