I love this versatile dessert. It is so simple to make and is simply topped with a strawberry slice for an elegant dessert for any occasion. Sweetened with my new SlimSweet™Monk Fruit sweetener, this is a sugar free treat for everyone!
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 1 vanilla pod
- 500ml double cream
- 30g SlimSweet™ Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften and set aside.
- Open the vanilla pod and use the blunt side of a knife to scrape the seeds into a saucepan. Add the pod, cream and monk fruit to the saucepan and bring to a near simmer to dissolve the monk fruit, stirring gently.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves. Add the softened gelatine leaves to the cream mixture and stir until dissolved. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Transfer to 4 glasses or moulds.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- If serving in a glass, simply decorate and serve. If using moulds, turn upside down, decorate and serve.