This wonderful pumpkin and chia slice recipe is not only dairy free, but also sugar free and gluten free. It is a delicious and easy way to get the whole family to eat pumpkin. I love the combined taste of the pumpkin and coconut. Coconut milk is a fantastic dairy free alternative and is immensely rich in vitamins and minerals. The cashew frosting can also be used in some of your other favourite recipes.
Sugar Free, Gluten Free and Dairy Free
- 200g almond meal
- 50g arrowroot
- 30g flaxseed meal
- 30g chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60ml coconut oil
- 30g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 2 X-large eggs
- 250g pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli (optional)
- 125ml coconut milk
- 300g cashews, soaked and drained
- 20g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 60ml water
- 60ml coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Soak the cashews in cold water overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan-forced. Brush an 18cm x 28cm slice tray with oil to grease. Line with baking paper.
- Mix the almond meal, arrowroot, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, bicarb soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Use an electric beater to beat the coconut oil with the xylitol in a separate bowl on high speed. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the pumpkin puree, ginger, chilli and coconut milk and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the almond mixture in the large bowl and beat together to form a batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined slice tray and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and spread over the cooled Pumpkin and Chia Slice.
- Cut into rectangles or squares to serve.
Any leftover frosting can be frozen for later use.
Simple to make and deliciously healthy, your guests will be left wanting more with our yummy pumpkin and chia slice recipe. Give it a try today!