This is one of my favourite cocktails. During one of my holidays, a bartender made me a Mojito using my Perfect Sweet™ xylitol instead of the sugar syrup. It was delicious and almost guilt free!! The syrup can be used in any cocktail recipe, not only this sugar free mojito recipe.
Sugar Free and Gluten Free
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 10 fresh raspberries
- 60ml white rum or vodka
- 4 tsps fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps Sugar Free Syrup*
- 1 cup crushed Ice
- Soda water, to taste
- Extra raspberries and mint, to garnish
Sugar Free Syrup
- 90g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 60ml water
Place xylitol and water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a muddler or the end of a wooden rolling pin, to gently muddle or bruise mint leaves and raspberries with rum or vodka in a jug.
- Stir in lime juice, syrup and crushed ice. Stir well. Strain mixture into 2 serving glasses.
- Add soda water to taste and garnish with raspberries and mint.
A muddler is a bartender’s tool usually made from wood. It is used like a pestle to mash or muddle fruits, herbs and spices to release their flavour.
Your guests will be left wanting more with our delicious sugar free mojito recipe. Why not give it a try today?