This recipe is another old favourite of mine that I can now indulge in knowing that it is not loaded with sugar. The marshmallow is light and springy and a delicious treat by itself. We’ve used it in our Australia Day eBook to decorate our Koala Cupcakes!
- 125ml cold water
- 40g powdered gelatine
- 250ml water
- 200g Perfect Sweet™ xylitol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 30ml lime juice
- Place cold water in a clean bowl, sprinkle over gelatine and whisk to dissolve.
- Place 250ml water and xylitol in a medium saucepan and heat until dissolved. Add the gelatine mixture and stir to combine. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the vanilla extract with the lime juice in a clean large bowl. Add the cooled gelatine mixture and use an electric beater to whisk on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into a lined 18cm square cake pan. Set in the fridge and when ready, cut into circles with a wet round cutter.