I first made this Biscuit Log over 10 years ago for a weekend lunch for my friends who were not gluten free and it was a huge hit. Now that I have developed my own 97% sugar free, gluten free Double Choc cookies, I too can enjoy this indulgent dessert. You must make this log a day in advance so that the biscuits have time to soak up the milk and cream and soften into a cake-like log.
- 1 x 97% Sugar Free Kitchen™ Double Choc Cookie mix
- 1 large egg (50g)
- 30ml water
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 packet choc chips (included in the packet)
- 60ml milk
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Grease a baking tray.
- Beat egg and add the water. Melt the butter. Place cookie mix in a bowl and stir in the wet ingredients. Mix in choc chips. Mixture will be crumbly but holds together when rolled into balls. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on the baking tray and gently flatten and cut out cookies with a scone cutter so they are all of a uniform size. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until cooked. Cool completely on the tray.
To Make Filling and Assemble Log
- Beat the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form. Reserve half of the whipped cream to cover the log when it is assembled. Spread ½ cup whipped cream onto a serving plate into a 5cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Dip the cookie quickly into the milk and shake off excess. Spread one side of it with whipped cream then dip another biscuit and join them together. Stand biscuit upright on its edge in the cream. Repeat sandwiching milk-dipped biscuits together with cream to form a log shape.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of log. Decorate. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Cut slices on an angle to serve.
Dip the cookies quickly into milk, shake off the excess and spread one side with Lemon Curd or Hazelnut Chocolate Spread instead of cream, continue as in recipe and cover log with whipped cream and decorate as desired.
To enjoy other recipes using the same Sugar Free Kitchen Double Choc Cookie Mix, download our FREE recipe eBook, Sugar Free Kitchen Bake Mix Recipes.