Rich, fudgy and decadent, they are everything you want from a brownie, they are probably my favourite brownies ever! I use ground almonds instead of flour, which makes them sugar free and gluten free.
- 150g raw almonds, ground
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 20g cacao powder or good quality cocoa, sifted
- 200g raw pistachios, finely chopped
- 100g Raw Dark Chocolate or good quality sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g SlimSweet™ Monk Fruit sweetener
- 4 eggs (50g), lightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (approx. 125g)
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Line an 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the ground almonds, baking powder, cacao and pistachios in a large bowl until combined.
- In a saucepan, bring water to the boil and remove from heat. Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and place over the saucepan and melt while stirring. Carefully remove bowl from the saucepan and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a clean bowl, use an electric beater to beat the butter and SlimSweet™ Monk Fruit sweetener on high speed until soft and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate, eggs and banana and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the ground almond mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, do not over bake as the brownie should be fudgy in the middle.