There is nothing I love more than waking up early to make pancakes for my family!
As we are gluten free, I use almond meal and for an extra twist to the flavour I replace dairy milk with coconut milk. Together with our SweetlifeTM Marine Collagen Powder this makes a delicious healthy option to the traditional pancakes. The extra protein keeps me full longer and satisfies cravings. Pour over melted Hazelnut Chocolate Spread.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Perfect Sweet™ xylitol or SlimSweet™ monk fruit
- 1 tbsp Marine Collagen Protein Powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Butter or olive oil (for cooking)
- 3/4 cup of blueberries + some extra for serving (optional)
- 200g Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, melted (see Recipe Tip below)
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, xylitol and the Marine Collagen Protein Powder in a big bowl.
- Mix the egg and coconut milk in another bowl. Add the vanilla extract if using.
- Add the coconut/egg mixture to the dry mix and mix together. Stir in the blueberries, if using.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a non-stick frying pan. Use a large tablespoon to make small pancakes in the middle of the pan.
- After you drop in the batter, turn down the heat to allow the pancakes to fry gently. Fry for a few minutes until the pancake gets firm. Turn it gently and fry for another 2 minutes or until golden.
- To serve, pour over melted Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and top with extra blueberries.
To make the Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce, melt 200g Chocolate Hazelnut Spread in a saucepan over low heat. Stir, adding enough hot water to make a pouring consistency.