I have been baking cheesecakes forever and this is my favourite. . The challenge for me with gluten free cheesecakes was always the crust layer as all the available biscuits were loaded with sugar . I have now solved this problem as I bake our gluten free Sugar Free Kitchen Vanilla Cookie mix and crush the cookies to make the best gluten free crust base ever.
- 220g Sugar Free Kitchen™ Vanilla Cookies, pre-cooked
- 110g butter
- 500g cream cheese
- 125g SlimSweet™ Monk Fruit sweetener
- 20g gluten free flour
- 4 x 60g eggs, separated
- 1 x whole 60g egg extra
- 200ml sour cream
- 135ml (⅓ cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20g SlimSweet™ Monk Fruit sweetener, extra
- Prepare and bake the vanilla cookies as per the instructions on the packet.
- Line the base of a 23cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Using approx. half of the cookies, crush the biscuits finely.
- Add the melted butter and combine well. Press over the base only of the prepared pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C
- Beat the cream cheese, until it has softened, add the monk fruit, and flour. Beat well.
- Beat in the egg yolks and the whole egg, sour cream and lemon juice.
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry, add in the extra monk fruit and beat. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the prepared crumb crust base and bake in a moderately slow oven for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours. Leave the cooked cheesecake in the oven to cool, with the oven door slightly ajar. This prevents the cake from cracking.
- Refrigerate until firm.
One packet of Sugar Free Kitchen™ Vanilla Cookie mix makes enough crushed cookies for two cheesecake bases, so I freeze the second half for another time or a different recipe.