When I travelled to the Como Shambahla retreat in Bali, I enjoyed this wonderfully aromatic tea after a luxurious massage. Now that I’m home and winter has raised its chilly hand, I find myself regularly brewing myself a pot on the weekend!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups roughly chopped lemongrass stalks
- 1 tbsp Perfect Sweet™ xylitol (or to taste)
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the lemongrass and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the tea for an additional 5 minutes.
- Strain the stalks from the liquid. Stir in the xylitol until dissolved.
- Serve warm, or chill in the refrigerator and pour over ice.
There are different parts to lemongrass. There are tough end pieces, tender root pieces and trimmed “grocery-store-herb-section” lemongrass root. I use the tender root pieces for curries and keep a zipper bag of the left over tough end stalks in the freezer for making this tea!
To learn more about the health benefits of Lemongrass, read our blog: